Find out how Southbank improved their open and click-through rate with a straightforward email welcome sequence
First impressions in life are important. This is really true in the wonderful world of email. Welcoming a fresh subscriber is really a a key point in a customer’s journey, and will be considered a substantial element in their retention.
At Southbank Centre, the UK’s largest arts centre, among our challenges is just about clearly communicating our vast and varied events programme. Just what exactly did we do? We sent a warm and welcoming email to the ones that signed up to your email list, either through our website or wifi. The initial step in our technique for a seamless email journey.
Our messaging reflects the warm and friendly nature of our site. This is accomplished with the upfront greeting and upbeat copy to complement our newly introduced branding. Paired with messaging that tells them why they signed up and what they will be receiving in their inbox.
The next facet of our strategy was for the customers to tailor this content they receive from us, to ensure it’s right for them. Updating their preferences is our highest clicked section of our greetings email, with 44% of total clicks, greater than we expected. This can be a very good sign of an engaged audience.
Getting the initial and second visits are fundamental to keeping audiences loyal – the London arts market is quite competitive. Remember that we wished to enhance our customer’s experience on site, it had been vital that you include everything that can be done, at Southbank Centre. With links to what’s on, everything you can eat and our shop, you want to tempt our audiences to generate their very own journey.
- Blocks which are red demonstrate the most famous or clicked content. In this situation, they’re links to update your preferences
- Links resulting in content to visiting the arts centre may also be popular
Looks like we have been broadly obtaining the hierarchy right – the most famous content is commonly at the very top.
A list always falls well – folks are scrolling down for the 10 top tips.
What does success appear to be?
Our greetings email includes a strong proactive approach, an obvious statement on which to anticipate and to be able to explore what’s happening on site through content. Fulfilling our strategy, we’lso are seeing the success of our greetings email inside our results, demonstrating an excellent degree of engagement. Up to now we’ve achieved:
- Open rate of 43% our average of 40%
- Click through rate of 8.6% vs. our average of 5.9%
Contributing to your technique to retain more people inside our database, because the greetings email was introduced, we’ve experienced a 31% decrease in our average unsubscribe rate. We’re delighted to note that a warm welcome could make an improvement.
What to eliminate on your own greetings email:
- A simple hello could make a difference – Welcome all of your new subscribers to see a rise in retention
- Get your greetings email within their inbox almost immediately – The closer proximity to registering, the higher the response
- Give them an opportunity to let you know what they would like to hear from you – Direct them to tailor their preferences
- Earn their trust – Include something in what they are able to expect from you as well as your email programme
- Keep your visitors loyal – Their first and second visits have become important. Suggest to them what they are able to do on site