Successful business communication entails tailoring messages to various kinds of audiences
Not such a long time ago, digital marketers and influencers used to create bold statements such as for example Email marketing is the greatest communication channel and shall continue steadily to dominate for eternity. Today, the tables have turned and such statements make little business sense. Many companies are counting on mobile and desktop push notifications to communicate and build relationships various kinds of audiences. And importantly, push messages are agnostic to ad blockers. No wonder ads are playing second fiddle to push messages!
Unfortunately, many marketers aren’t fully alert to using push notification services with their advantage. The express reason for this article would be to throw light on how best to drive ecommerce sales with desktop push notifications.
If you want to forward to guidelines, continue reading.
1. Categorize your target audience
It’s extremely difficult to create personalized engagement with audiences in the event that you neglect to categorize your market. Here’s how you might categorize them:
- New Users
- Retarget drop-offs
- Regular users
- Loyal audience
- Mobile audience
New users are users visiting your ecommerce store for the very first time. Should they leave your site without purchasing anything, browser and desktop push notifications may be used to offer various options in relevant categories.
Let’s now understand this is of retarget drop-offs. Retarget drop-offs are those that spend lots of time browsing your eCommerce site but usually do not purchase anything. To convert them into high paying customers, you need to provide dynamic feeds and personalized desktop notifications.
Coming to regular users, focus ought to be on re-engagement. Monitor previously viewed categories and provide discounts to regular users. There’s a subtle type of distinction between regular and loyal audience. Loyal audiences purchase only from your own eCommerce site or app. Regular users might not be brand loyal. They’re thinking about shopping, buying and browsing.
To entice loyal audiences, you need to focus on customer delight. The main element is to make discounts available, coupons, piggyback subscriptions, etc., exclusively to loyal audiences.
Desktop push notifications will certainly resonate well with non-app and non-mobile users. To focus on mobile audience, you need to use a software/tool which suits cell phones.
2. Create and execute the right campaign
One of the numerous issues with digital marketers is they have little understanding of various kinds of campaigns.
If you run a drip campaign for re-targeting users who abandoned their shopping carts, it’s likely you’ll dislike the results. Let’s understand the various kinds of campaigns:
- Cart abandonment campaigns: Have your users abandoned shopping carts? Do the shopping carts have un purchased items? Emphasis ought to be on re-targeting and re-engagement.
- Browse abandonment campaigns? Have your users abandoned your site abruptly? Are they searching for product categories and listings? Can be your site falling lacking their expectations? To get answers to such questions, you need to run this kind of campaign.
- Trigger campaigns: They are action-based campaigns. Let’s say a prospect downloaded an Apple phone manual. It is possible to design an up-selling campaign to entice them. Subsequently, it is possible to develop a cross-selling campaign and engage them with new product and service offerings.
- Drip campaigns: Seeking to send a range of push messages using software? Use drip software / tools in your favor.
3. Use power words in push messages
Generic words will ruin push notification campaigns. Power words will improve conversions. Power words that yield positive dividends on Google might not yield excellent results on LinkedIn. It’s vital that you segment power words by platform. But here’s a caveat – several power words can ruin push notification campaigns.
For instance, the term win has extremely poor open rate. Therefore that folks are skeptical of the term win. You can find popular and run-of-the-mill content such as for example get your, do it, etc. They’re gangbusters. Essentially, go-to copy messages and routine templates might not be effective each time. It’s vital that you understand and know very well what to add and what never to include.
Look at your competitors’ push notifications. Know the guidelines. Keep experimenting and testing.
4. Concentrate on behavior-based sales
More often than not, marketers and ecommerce entrepreneurs neglect to concentrate on trivial aspects. For example, many ecommerce sites don’t have a Wish list feature.
Do you need to boost conversions? You need to immediately incorporate this feature. Wish lists are personalized collections of items which a person(s) takes pride in. Customers plan to possess them at desirable rates and ownership is what counts in their mind. If your ecommerce site has wish list items going for sale, it’s a highly effective technique to send relevant push notifications.
Behavior based push notifications may sound fundamental. But fundamentals will help you reach your business targets!
5. Know when to notify your target group
It goes without saying that different days have different open rates. Differing times of the day have different open rates. Here‘s something worth your attention – In accordance with a report by Localytics, push notifications sent between 10 AM and 1 PM can improve open rates by 66%.
Thursdays are believed propitious because they register better open rates. Needless to say, it isn’t really universally true. But be informed that different communication channels have different open rates. It’s vital that you keep experimenting and adapting to customer responses.
Here is really a set of important actions:
- Always send personalized messages. Set up a context.
- Do NOT send irrelevant push messages. They’re bound to backfire
- Do NOT bombard your prospects having an selection of push messages. Way too many messages increase opt-out rate
- Respect opt-outs. Take feedback from the lost prospects. You might work with a push notification software in this regard
- Use rich multi-media in desktop push notifications. For several intents and purposes, push messages shouldn’t be verbose. Brevity is completely desirable
- Before executing any digital online marketing strategy, always define your KPIs. I generally concentrate on the next parameters (no exhaustive list):
- Customer lifetime value
- Long term conversion
- Return on investment
- Customer engagement
- Customer retention
- Always track the efficacy of one’s campaigns. Study from your mistakes. Get your basics right
Driving ecommerce sales through desktop push notifications isn’t a mystery. It’s a skill and science. In the event that you face any difficulties in segmenting your audience, drop a line in the comments section. For those who have any questions regarding CTRs, push notification services, and digital strategy, etc., feel absolve to shoot them in the comments. I will reply per day or two.
Keep visiting this site for informative and legitimate stuff on emerging push notification trends.