All you should know concerning the specifics of creation, inventory management, pricing and promotions of Magento bundle products from the certified Magento partner
Users commonly mistake a Magento 2 bundle product because of its ‘grouped’ peer. That is hardly a surprise as the names “bundle” and “grouped” don’t tell much concerning the difference. Still, both of these complex product types have their specifics in general management and use cases. We’ve outlined the type, configuration and proper usage of different product types inside our Magento product types overview. Now, it’s time to focus on a lot of money product. We shall see how to develop a bundle product in Magento 2, manage it expertly and improve the shopping connection with your visitors.
Product managers mostly utilize the bundle product type, also known as a build-your-own product, to market electronics (for instance, a smartphone with a charger, a USB cable and earphones). But let’s explore a less trivial example. A lot of money product Kitchen set is fully customizable. A person can pick from different sizes, colors and materials of cupboards, shelves, a tabletop and a washer. Together, they form a standalone product, as the items still can be purchased separately to displace an out-of-order part, for instance.
The two-step procedure for developing a bundle product in Magento 2 includes:
- Creating a lot of money product itself.
- Adding simple or configurable products that may become associated items in a lot of money.
Here, we see among the differences between grouped and bundle products. Automagically, Magento 2 supports configurable products in a lot of money, however, not in an organization. To permit creation of a configurable grouped product, you need to work with a dedicated extension.
While creating bundle products, you will observe that two sections – SKU and weight – change from simple, configurable and grouped products. They both offer to select between fixed and dynamic options.
- You may also create fixed products that must definitely be included in a lot of money. For such products, you need to set a default quantity. For instance, offering bundle product Laptop, you can include a laptop, a charger, and a mouse as fixed products while a new laptop bag is optional.
- Take care how associated products are displayed in leading end. Setting the positioning section, it is possible to place the main items at the very top.
There is not any have to set the full total bundle product quantity. The inventory is managed for every simple product composing a lot of money. While developing a bundle product, don’t forget to set up Stock if all of the associated products are available.
Magento 2 permits some flexibility when it comes to delivery. You can find two shipping possibilities for a lot of money product. It is possible to set the things to be shipped together or separately.
There are two pricing choices for bundle products:
- Fixed price will stay the same whatever the selected items. For instance, you sell simple product Smartphone for $300 nevertheless, you also desire to offer it in a lot of money for $250. If you’re not planning this discount to become a time-limited offer, it is possible to simultaneously include it in the purchase price and sell the complete bundle at a set price.
- If you select the dynamic option, the full total price of the bundle will undoubtedly be built from its selected associated items.
You can pick the way a person sees the purchase price. Having set Price Range in the purchase price view section, you create a detailed product page to show the cheapest and optimum prices for a lot of money. If you would like customers to see only the cheapest price, pick the As Low As price display option.
Similar to other product types, you can bundle products in limited time offers with the addition of catalog and cart price rules. Once set, the purchase price rules could be updated for seasonal offerings or promotional campaigns by changing their status and date range.
What are the useful extensions for a Magento 2 bundle product?
With the abundance of efficient off-the-shelf Magento 2 extensions, it could be irrational to adhere to a typical package. Managing bundle products could be effort-demanding. Let’s look how exactly to facilitate the procedure for you personally and create more benefits for the customers with useful add-ons.
Magento out-of-the-box feature package misses something. Automagically, it doesn’t support offering simple products with custom options in a lot of money. Custom options mean adding some variations to something without counting on attributes. To unlock this feature for bundled products, you will have to install an extension. The main one called Simple Bundle for Magento 2 extension enables bundling simple products with custom options.
Product Bundled Discount not merely enables offering discount rates for customer groups, but facilitates managing bundle discounts across multistore websites.
Grouped vs bundle products – let’s dot the I’s
It is not any wonder these two Magento 2 product types have a tendency to cause some confusion. Indeed, they will have some similarity:
- The creation process. You always associate previously created what to a group or perhaps a bundle.
- Availability of products inside a group or perhaps a bundle. In both cases, products can be purchased either as a group/bundle or separately.
- Inventory management. The inventory is managed at the simple-product level.
Let’s now consider the differences between these product types to find the full picture.
By default, Magento 2 offers you great power offering various kinds product arrangement. Don’t adhere to simple products and diversify your assortment display to aim at better customer experience and sales growth.
Thanks to Igor Goltsov for sharing their advice and opinion in this article. Igor is really a certified Magento developer. With 8+ years in Magento development and 13+ years in PHP development, Igor now applies his deep insights in ecommerce and expert skills at ScienceSoft. As a senior Magento developer, he plays a part in complex projects involving implementation of non-trivial platform’s features.