ICYMI: Given that Snapchat includes a new Insights feature, does it help relax the miffed Snapchat Influencers?
With it’s recent layout change, Snapchat has been on the receiving end of some major flack from its users. There now appears to be noticeable divide between your average snapchat user and snapchat influencers, with 2 distinct pages, which resulted in Snapchat being accused of ‘forgetting it’s consumer’. However, that’s a debate for another time!
Snapchat’s relationship using its users, particularly influencers, has been quite complicated. Especially, with competitive social media platforms being one step prior to the game all the time, snapchat has found itself being far behind in your competition. Although, some would say that snapchat has its group of loyal user base, that is unlikely to shake, even under competition. Plus some can say, Instagram is quickly catching up with Snapchat’s unique features and may replace the app completely.
A key criticism that Snapchat has faced may be the insufficient support to the influencers by using this platform. To become more specific, from the marketing perspective, Snapchat has lacked the ultimate goal of influencer marketing – insight and analytics. While all it’s rival social platforms experienced the insight tools for some time now, Snapchat has only joined this race and introduced its new insights tool, called ‘Insights’.
What Is Snapchat Insights?
This analytics tool provides botha way of measuring views and demographic information, using the user’s Snapchat profile.
Have a glance at what’s covered in the Insights Guide by Snapchat:
- Story Views: Final number of Story views* by all Snapchatters since January 1, 2018. ‘Week’ tracks Story views during the last seven days, while ‘Month’ tracks views during the last 28 days.
- Time Spent Viewing: Total time Snapchatters have spent viewing your Story since January 1, 2018. ‘Week’ tracks Story view time during the last seven days, while ‘Month’ tracks view time during the last 28 days.
- Reach: Just how many unique Snapchatters have viewed your Story every day.
- Average View Time: Just how long each unique Snapchatter viewed your Story every day, normally.
- Story View Percentage: Just how many of the available Snaps in your Story were viewed within a session, typically, every day.
- Popular Regions: The very best three regions where your viewers can be found, and the percentage of one’s audience in each region.
While these features closely resemble Instagram Insights tool, snapchat has had the feature a step further and provided audience lifestyle insights. Influencers and companies is now able to look at at the approach to life of these Snapchat audience, which is sorted by ‘100+ different categories predicated on user’s fascination with politics, music, and much more!’ This list includes four Lifestyle Types of your viewers, predicated on how they compare to the common on Snapchat.
Making effective usage of this tool, Snapchat influencers and business that utilize this medium to activate making use of their audience can finally involve some, or even enough, analytics to greatly help inform their social media strategy.