Spocket opens new opportunities for dropshippers to sell products made from the US, UK, and Europe.
Over the years, dropshipping has been a profitable industry for business owners from all over the globe. With China-based AliExpress making it more convenient to sell products without owning inventory, people are jumping into the dropshipping bandwagon every day. Unfortunately, not all were able to reach the same level of success that early dropshippers achieved with AliExpress.
Back then, the competition is low and selling to shoppers is not as costly and as difficult as today. These days, dropshippers never stop finding ways to drive more profits by finding unique products at the cheapest price, cutting down delivery times, and reducing returns, refunds, and chargebacks. As there are many issues that dropshippers have to deal with when sourcing products from AliExpress, the search for AliExpress alternatives continues. And then comes Spocket.
Spocket offers the solution to dropshippers woes when it comes to AliExpress dropshipping. It improves on what AliExpress is lacking which makes it very appealing for both new and seasoned dropshippers. Before we talk about Spocket’s features, let us first discuss in brief the pros and cons of AliExpress dropshipping.
The Pros and Cons of AliExpress Dropshipping
AliExpress has been the leading eCommerce dropshipping platform for Chinese products for years. It enables dropshippers to sell in countries outside their own country at a lesser cost. By not owning the inventory and not handling the order fulfillment and delivery, AliExpress allows business owners to save on overhead costs and worries about excess stocks. All dropshippers will do is to focus their resources on marketing the dropshipping products to get orders from customers and purchase them from suppliers to earn profits. However, there are benefits and downsides to AliExpress dropshipping.
- Wide variety of products that are not usually found in local US markets.
- Prices are extremely lower than in the US.
- Lower shipping costs with ePacket due to special arrangements with Hong Kong Post, eBay China, and USPS.
- Available for shipping worldwide.
- Shipping can take 2 – 4 weeks in some locations.
- Quality not guaranteed and you need to buy samples to check products yourself.
- Chinese branding on packaging may put off US customers.
Although these are known disadvantages of dropshipping products in AliExpress, there are measures you can explore to mitigate them. Yet, it will take more work on your part to make them effective. And many dropshippers want to remove the extra work by finding other eCommerce solutions that can resolve these issues so they can generate more profits without worrying about dropshipping risks. With Spocket providing another means of sourcing products, it will not be a surprise if AliExpress dropshippers will try the app anytime soon.
The Pros and Cons of Spocket Dropshipping
Spocket is a dropshipping app that lets you find suppliers from the US, UK, and EU. Although there are suppliers from other countries like Australia, Germany, and New Zealand, 60 – 70% came from the United States and Europe. Spocket operates like Oberlo but with marked differences such as the following:
- Oberlo focuses on AliExpress suppliers with China-manufactured products while Spocket’s products are mostly manufactured in the US, UK, and EU.
- Oberlo is exclusive to Shopify while Spocket can be integrated with Shopify and WooCommerce.
Oberlo has been around since 2015 and Spocket is a newcomer that targeted all the pain points that dropshippers faced with AliExpress dropshipping. With Spocket curating mostly US, UK, and EU-based suppliers, dropshippers selling on these countries now have a faster option in delivering products to their customers than AliExpress. It allows you to sell high-quality products you can buy from suppliers at discounted prices as high as 60% off the retail price.
Spocket offers several advantages but it has limitations too. By knowing the pros and cons of using this app you’ll have an insight on how it can help you grow and sustain your dropshipping business.
- You can resale products at wholesale prices due to pre-negotiated discounts.
- Dropshipping products are guaranteed quality tested.
- Suppliers can add store invoice with your store name, log, and a personal note to the package before shipping.
- Faster shipping to customers in the US, UK, and EU.
- Automated order processing save time especially if you receive multiple orders daily.
- You can use Spocket with Shopify and WooCommerce platforms.
- Worldwide shipping is available.
- Currency configures automatically to the base currency of your dropshipping store.
- Updates automatically inventory levels for out of stock and discontinued products.
- A free plan is available.
- You can automate the pricing process to avoid under or overpricing.
- You can order product samples from suppliers from your dashboard.
- Dropshipping to customers outside of the US, UK, and EU will cost more and will take longer.
- Customs duty and taxes are not included in the product prices and you have to add them in your bottom line before selling dropshipping products.
- You can’t sell on Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Groupon, and Wish.
- Package customization to reflect your brand is not yet allowed.
- You cannot communicate directly with suppliers but only with Spocket’s central support team.
- Chat and call support are not available to free plan subscribers. You can contact support via email only.
Should you use Spocket?
Spocket is ideal for business owners who are serious about growing their dropshipping business. If you are willing to invest money to ensure that you are only selling high-quality products to your customers and want to retain them by providing faster delivery, then this app is for you. However, shipping to countries outside the US, UK, and EU will cost more. You’ll also have to deal with the long shipping time issue with Spocket outside of these territories – the same issue when you dropship from China-based AliExpress suppliers to the US, UK, and EU.
If you are a dropshipper working on a small capital and are willing to supplement automation with time and hard work, then you’ll be better off with AliExpress suppliers. Like I’ve said earlier in this article, there are measures you can do to mitigate the downsides of AliExpress dropshipping yet, they will take more time and lots of work. If you’re ready to take on the challenge of AliExpress dropshipping, below are useful resources for you.